LIFELOCK VS LEGALSHIELD: The truth about identity theft; what you need to know and why you should switch.
Volume 1 / Issue 1
Lifelock in legal trouble with the FTC:
Current news reveals that LifeLock is in trouble with the FTC. “The Federal Trade Commission today asserted that LifeLock violated a 2010 settlement with the agency and 35 state attorneys general by continuing to make deceptive claims about its identity theft protection services, and by failing to take steps required to protect its users’ data.”
LegalShield has been offering legal plans to our members for over 40 years, creating a world where everyone can access legal protection – and everyone can afford it. Now, LegalShield has partnered exclusively with the company, KROLL, the world’s leading risk management consulting firm and has introduced IDShield. LegalShield has been the forefront industry for the past several years in both legal services and in identity theft.
Do you believe you are better off with LifeLock?
Think again! If you are currently using LifeLock, you may be paying too much monthly or annually for the services they provide. IDShield will be happy to help get you switched today to a more affordable and comprehensive plan.
Q: How much do you pay for your LifeLock service?
A: IDShield Individual plan (just you): $9.95/month. LifeLock Advantage (just you): $19.99/month. IDShield Family plan (up to 10 members/dependents): $19.95/month. LifeLock Advantage Family (up to 4 members): $51.95/month.
Q: Does LifeLock offer investigative services for your identity theft?
A: No, they absolutely do not!
Kroll is THE top investigative company in the world and LegalShield exclusively provides their licensed FRAUD investigators to work with you personally. They give you their number so you always speak to the same person, until the issue is resolved!
LegalShield and Kroll Advisory Solutions together offer you an outstanding track record with a combined experience of over 80 years verses a new 4 year old company.
Let’s face it, identity theft is NOT going away. In fact:
- Identity theft has been the top consumer complaint filed with the FTC for 15 years straight. Criminals are getting smarter.
- Identity theft affects much more than financial theft: it is “Widespread” with over 16.6 million US victims. It is “Financial” with over $24.7 billion of direct and indirect losses. It is “Emotional” with over 6 million people reporting moderate or severe emotional distress as a result of identity theft.
- Young children and teenagers are now at risk; their identities are being used in such expenses such as mortgages and car loans; loans they have no means by which to pay!
- Once your identity is stolen (and it WILL happen), it will get resold again, and again, and again…
“If your name is on it, we’re monitoring it. Your Social Security number, driver’s license, passport, credit cards, bank accounts and more – we leave nothing about protecting your identity to chance.”
LegalShield is today’s industry leader and deliver what they promise!
- Partnered exclusively with Kroll. LifeLock uses their own young company.
- LegalShield provides legal services to over 1.4 million families across the US and Canada, with over 650 employees working in their home office in Ada, Oklahoma.
- LegalShield has provided more than 200,000 personal identity consultations and helped restore nearly 10,000 individual identities with their IDShield.
- Kroll provides licensed private investigators to review each case. To further that, they have a $5 million protection guarantee; LifeLock has a $1 million partial restoration guarantee.
- Kroll investigators work full-time and have varied backgrounds, such as law enforcement, banking, military, debt collection and much more.
- Kroll will investigate for as long as it takes to restore an identity back to its original, pre-theft status.
IDShield provides so much more than LifeLock, and for much less
- Provides identity theft victims experience an array of legal issues. Lifelock does NOT. Includes 24/7 access to top-rated attorneys throughout North America. LegalShield offers ID theft protection, not just ID theft coverage.
- LegalShield has NOT been sued by the FTC and Attorney Generals for false advertising.
- With LegalShield/IDShield, you work with a Licensed Fraud Investigator from Kroll and/or an Attorney from an American Bar recognized top-rated Law Firm or verses a call center employee with Lifelock.
- Kroll is THE top investigative company in the world and LegalShield exclusively provides their licensed FRAUD investigators to work with you personally. They give you their number so you always speak to the same person, until the issue is resolved.
- IDShield provides a mobile app that keeps you connected no matter where you are and IDShield’s online dashboard monitors daily activities so you can check it anytime to see if changes have been made to your profile.
- In the event of an emergency, IDShield offers 24 hour emergency contact to begin an investigation.
You, as a consumer, need to be able to trust a company with your precious assets and when your identity is stolen, to be able to confidently have it restored to completion!